Posted on Jul. 28, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading, directing and being accountable for people and processes in production and sanitation of beef products, in a timely manner. Contribute as a business partner helping in the delivery of plan, mission, goals and values, ensuring prosperity of the company and its people.
Education requirements• High School Degree or G.E.D.
Experience requirements• Must have Meat Manufacturing Experience/Knowledge
• HACCP, Food Safety, GMPs, BRC, SSOPs, USDA
• Diverse work force, Leader, Trainer, Communicator
• Innovative, Effective
Qualifications• Ability to effectively supervise and lead primal operations.
• Ability to plan, schedule, and perform various technical and administrative functions; develop alternative solutions to problems; sound decision-making.
• Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form.
• Mechanical aptitude or background in working with precision machine parts is strongly preferred.
• Meat science, Animal science, Agriculture, Meat judging background, or equivalent industry experience required.
• Minimum of one year plant production experience or equivalent required.
• This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, reaching, bending, and lifting.
• Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
• Must have punctual and reliable attendance.
Responsibilities• Supervises Primal Operation efforts including start-up, actual production and daily clean-up operations. Responsible for quality, safety, and cleanliness at all times.
• Ensures that raw material and equipment are in a constant state of "tour" readiness and prepared for inspection.
• Oversees equipment operation to ensure efficiency, safe operation, and strict cleanliness requirements.
• Ensures equipment is assembled, disassembled and cleaned properly and is ready for production.
• Monitors and eliminates unnecessary downtime.
• Supervises shift personnel and maintains accurate and timely personnel records, including attendance, disciplinary actions, training, performance evaluations, etc.
• Ensures that efficient shift changes occur, providing full communication of all work-related issues to incoming supervisor.
• Cross-trains with other supervisors and ensures appropriate cross-training of production employees.
• Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work hours• Second Shift