Posted on Sep. 28, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
For more than 75 years, Birchwood Foods have provided fresh, frozen and formulated ground beef products to the food service and retail industries. We have the on-site facilities and staff expertise to grind, blend and formulate meat products to exact specifications.
We are in need of a Production Supervisor that will be responsible for leading, directing and accountable for people and processes in production, in a timely manner. Additionally, the Production Supervisor contributes as a business partner helping in the delivery of plan, mission, goals and values, ensuring prosperity of the company and its people.
Our Company offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits for you and your family. If you are a motivated, self-directed individual driven to achieve maximum success and want to join a Company devoted to employee development and being the best in the business, then apply today!
Education requirements• College degree in a business, sales, or food science related discipline and / or has 5 years operational experience in management inside the food / meat industry.
• Lock out / Tag out training.
• HACCP / GMP trained
• Safety Training.
Responsibilities• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for their departmental shifts
• Demonstrate and Enforce all safety practices / policies.
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month.
• Conduct disciplinary actions when warranted with their staff.
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Prepare Supervisors Accident Investigation Report when warranted.
• Record attendance records on calendar cards for all assigned employees.
• Responsible for their supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development.
• Communicate and assure the scheduling of raw materials needed for the department’s production schedules.
• Assure that all quality standards are followed.
• Verify HACCP documents as required by HACCP plan.
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times.
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company
• P & L Responsibility to their department
Skills• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong math and computer skills, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
• Shows experience with any type of SAP, AS400, or MRP management software system.
• Team Leader and development skills.
• Able to make quick and sound decisions.
• Responsible and organized.
Work hours• 1st Shift
• 2nd Shift