Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
PART-TIME, PRN OR WEEKEND ONLY MDS COORDINATOR
Longhorn Village, a CCRC Retirement Community, is seeking a highly skilled Part-time, PRN or Weekend only MDS Coordinator. The MDS coordinator will handle the RAI process for all residents, performing/assisting as needed with assessments related to the process. Plan, organize, develop and maintain a complete MDS program, ensuring that all federal, state and local standards are adhered to. Assist in indicator development, standards development, data collection, display and analysis, problem solving and reporting.
MDS Skills/ Requirements:
Minimum Licensed Vocational Nursing degree. MDS experience required. Two years of experience working as a licensed vocational nurse including some medical/surgical experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents. RN Preferred
Must have MDS RAC-CT
Must have PPS scheduling and assessment experience.
Must be able to read regulations and write clearly
Must be able to communicate in courteous, friendly manner
Ability to effectively manage and direct subordinate
MDS Essential Functions:
1. Coordinate the IDT for Care Planning, assuring the highest quality of care for residents is developed at and above CMS guidelines.
2. Timely MDS completion per RAI manual. Giving special attention to completion of forms.
3. Timely completion of RAI process and RAP summary. Identification of problems, goals, and approaches.
4.Proper and accurate response to regulation changes and evaluation of the Care Plan system.
5. Effectively communicate with nurses and IDT on the current status of Care Plans.
6. Responds timely and in writing to deficiencies in MDS audits.
7. Assist with admission process.
8. Consistently demonstrate hospitality behavior and the core values of quality, respect, service and integrity.
Longhorn Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you want to be a part of our valued team and would like to have the opportunity to provide the very best care to our residents,
LONGHORN VILLAGE BENEFITS:
In addition to an excellent working environment that offers opportunities for professional and personal development, Longhorn Village offers the following benefits to all eligible Associates:
+ Generous Paid Time Off Package
+ Paid Holidays
+ Full Insurance Package at Affordable Rates
+ Associate Assistance Program
+ Discount Meal Program
+ And, Accessibility to Numerous Other Benefits
Longhorn Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.