Posted on Sep. 1, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance
Countryside Health & Living Community is Looking for a MDS Coordinator/Registered Nurse
The MDS/Care Planning Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the management of resident assessment and care planning and the completion of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) in accordance with state and federal regulations.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing, RAI Specialist
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND CREDENTIALS
Current Indiana license as a Registered Nurse. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, preferably BSN. Minimum of one year in nursing management in long-term care. Two years professional nursing experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative care, or geriatric nursing setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
1. Manages the timely and accurate completion of the MDS assessments, and signs the MDS forms.
2. Oversees the development of care plan in accordance with current RAI guidelines and regulatory time frames and assures that all documents are properly signed and dated.
3. Assures that supporting documentation related to assessments and care plan is completed according to established criteria and nursing policies; and conducts on-going chart audits to confirm presence of this documentation.
4. Collaborates with Therapists and the Restorative Care Nurse to monitor services, charting, and follow-up in these areas.
5. Evaluates each resident’s condition and medical data at admission and thereafter to determine when care plan revisions or reassessments are warranted.
In a quiet residential neighborhood in central Anderson, Indiana, the park-like campus of Countryside Health & Living Community comes as a pleasant surprise. Set back from Marine Drive on a five-acre, beautifully landscaped site, our community offers the perfect combination of home-like neighborhood location and convenient access to area amenities.
With proximity to St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital – just a few blocks away – and Community Hospital Anderson, our location complements our progressive approach to senior living and rehabilitative care. In addition, Countryside maintains affiliations with many local physicians of varying specialties.
At Countryside, you’ll find our entire team shares a commitment to enhancing the lifestyle and well-being of the people we serve every day, at every stage of life. For rehabilitation or long-term skilled nursing care, our dedicated team ensures all aspects of health care are provided in a professional and compassionate manner.
Countryside is proud to be an integral part of the Anderson community, having served families of this city and the surrounding area for more than 30 years. Our therapy team and rehabilitation center are the largest and most progressive in Madison County.
At CarDon & Associates Inc. we offer an opportunity to build
relationships in an exciting career.