Posted on Dec. 4, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this fall! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking Material Handlers in Tulsa, OK.
SALARY: $9.00 an hour
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Handles all incoming and outgoing materials for the shoes, wares, books, furniture, electrical-mechanical and new goods departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Delivers merchandise to auction.
• Transfers prepared store shipments from the sorting areas to the designated holding area.
• Insures adequate quantity of carts, racks and boxes are available to each department to prevent a slowdown in production.
• Uses pallet jack to maneuver storage boxes into position for sorting, storage or auction.
• Alerts Hard Goods Processing Supervisor of equipment and supply needs.
• Responsible for keeping North Dock clean.
• Removes all auction items from hard goods’ departments and places in appropriate area.
• Removes trash from departments and takes to the compactor.
• Removes salvage shoes from shoe department, weighs them and loads bags on salvage truck.
• Assembles New Good furniture when time allows.
• Helps with the cleanup and setup of Auction.
• Unloads New Goods pallets of merchandise.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• May assist auction warehouseman. May fill in for warehouseman for breaks and lunch.
• Other duties as assigned.
On-the-job training is over a period up to and including three (3) months.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Steel-toed boots required
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Clean background required.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.