Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Resource Employment is hiring Material Handlers for FedEx Shipping and Receiving
The primary responsibility of the Parcel Assistants is to move packages throughout the facility. Will be required to safely perform assigned tasks while meeting predetermined standards. In this flexible position, the Parcel Assistant will rotate into several areas to perform tasks including loading, unloading, palletizing, scanning, quality assurance assessment, moving items with a forklift and operating a switcher as assigned by Dock Manager or Lead Parcel Sorter. This is a part-time position. Available hours are based on business needs, but typically range from 15-20 hours per week.
Job Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
• At least 18 years of age and not currently in high school
• Effective communication skills and Basic computer skills
• Ability to regularly lift, carry, push and pull packages up to 70 pounds in weight
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds consecutively
• Ability to read labels and charts
• Ability to verify and distinguish numbers
• Ability to memorize and carry out instructions
• Ability to work rapidly for long periods of time
• Ability to scan labels using a handheld device
• Ability to apply plastic wrap around palletized packages from floor level up to 77 inches
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and must be able to work on call and weekends.
• Must pass a criminal background check, drug test and must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for any employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Unload and load trucks by hand
• Scan parcels
• Induct parcels onto sorter by size
• Lift, push, and stack parcels
• Wrap, label, and move skids
• Process packages and create mailing containers
• Sort packages to correct location according to label, load chart or scanner
• Perform other duties as assigned
Basic tools and equipment used to perform tasks:
• Pallet, Scanner & Computer.
• Hand Wrapper, Label & Postal Flag
• Pallet Jack and Load Chart