Posted on Sep. 14, 2016
Goodwill Industries is looking to hire a Material Handler.
JOB SUMMARY: Handles all incoming and outgoing materials for the shoes, wares, books, furniture, electrical-mechanical and new goods departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Delivers merchandise to auction.
* Transfers prepared store shipments from the sorting areas to the designated holding area.
* Insures adequate quantity of carts, racks and boxes are available to each department to prevent a slowdown in production.
* Uses pallet jack to maneuver storage boxes into position for sorting, storage or auction.
* Alerts Hard Goods Processing Supervisor of equipment and supply needs.
* Responsible for keeping North Dock clean.
* Removes all auction items from hard goods’ departments and places in appropriate area.
* Removes trash from departments and takes to the compactor.
* Removes salvage shoes from shoe department, weighs them and loads bags on salvage truck.
* Assembles New Good furniture when time allows.
* Helps with the cleanup and setup of Auction.
* Unloads New Goods pallets of merchandise.
* Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
* May assist auction warehouseman. May fill in for warehouseman for breaks and lunch.
* Other duties as assigned.
On-the-job training is over a period up to and including three (3) months.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Steel-toed boots required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, apply online or through "Quick Apply." Applications and resumes may also be hand delivered.