at Terumo BCT
Posted on Apr. 1, 2017
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
Working without significant direction, the Marketing Manager provides marketing leadership in the areas of direction and objectives, marketing strategies, tactics including sales tools and social media efforts. The Marketing Manager would be responsible for problem resolution in the Americas region, working with our Therapeutic Systems product portfolio, especially in the areas of Neurology and Hemotology, the second largest portfolio in the company, with consistent year over year growth.
With this product portfolio, we provide a wide range of therapies and tools developed with insight from our experts and through our work within the industry. Whether our customers need the dependable performance of therapeutic apheresis, cell collection or cell processing procedures, our solutions deliver choice and adaptability. Our technology is enabling the next generation cancer treatments such as immunotherapy and regenerative medicine.
This is a newly created role to support strategic business objectives, and the position will report to a Senior Manager of Market Development for U.S. Hospitals. This is a single contributor role, with a heavy emphasis on executing marketing tactics to help execute a new strategic roadmap that includes a new approach our customer segment.
The person who will be successful in this role with be a savvy marketer, someone who can think strategically and execute tactically. This is also someone who is up to date on healthcare marketing trends and can help us penetrate new channels, and improve upon current approaches to marketing in our customer segment.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of key marketing strategies and tactics in relation to disease indication towards the achievement of business objectives and to maximize patient outcomes.
* Develop a deep understanding of the market and Hemotology, Neurology, Immuno-oncology disease landscape in relation to Terumo BCT products
* Work in close collaboration with Medical Affairs to develop design and implement educational programs and KOL engagement programs
* Assist sales in market segmentation and targeting for select disease indication efforts.
* Working with a high degree of independence and without significant direction, translates customer needs and problems into marketing strategies, programs/campaigns, and product conceptualization, development and design objectives.
* Provides leadership during product trials and introductions.
* Coordinates efforts with corporate communications, legal, regulatory, manufacturing, engineering, quality, sales, and other functional areas to produce innovative programs and products that meet customer requirements.
* Duties involve projects of considerable complexity, which have a significant financial impact.
* Establishes and is held accountable for the achievement of sales and market share goals for assigned marketing programs and products.
* Collects and analyzes competitor information and tracks sales. Develops and refines marketing, promotional, and pricing strategies.
* Develops and coordinates the production of product introduction, sales and support materials, brochures, and other tools.
* Organizes, coordinates, and presents product seminars for customers and sales personnel.
* Assists customers and sales personnel through the provision of sales training, clinical in-service assistance, and marketing programs. Analyzes and resolves problems. Assists customers in the optimal use of products.
* Manages assigned product lines including awareness of product inventory, manufacturing or quality problems, and application issues.
* Provides the highest level of expertise on the assigned products by communicating strategies, direction, or general information.
* Establishes and achieves sales and market share goals for assigned products and programs.
* Monitors and analyzes indicators of business performance such as Sales vs. Forecast (units, revenue, gross profit), actual vs. plan selling price, product mix, disposables utilization, competitor information, and other relevant marketing factors.
* Develops and implements the introductory business plans for new products or product enhancements to assure proper positioning strategies. Coordinates pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
* Works closely with the sales organization and marketing managers to successfully identify business opportunities, support tools, and new marketing programs in a timely and high quality manner.
* Provides direction on the design and implementation of promotion, sales force collateral, and customer communication materials to ensure consistency with customer's needs and the system selling approach. Evaluates communication and documentation programs and support tools for effectiveness through customer and sales force feedback as well as objective research.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience
* Extensive knowledge of marketing principles, with strong, demonstrated expertise in translating customer needs into marketing strategies, solutions and programs to meet organizational objectives.
* Ability to lead internal teams and external agencies in executing key marketing messages, marketing materials, communications, marketing campaigns, trade show communications, etc.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and program delivery.
* Demonstrated analytical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems and develop programs with creativity and good judgment.
* Working knowledge of domestic and worldwide markets and global marketing strategy.
* Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into workable strategy.
* Ability to work effectively and comfortably with physicians and other medical professionals, as well as with all functions and levels within the business organization.
* Ability to understand scientific facts and package them into a cohesive communication model for customers and sales personnel.
* Ability to develop financial analysis to justify product or service investments.
* Requires a thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics as they relate to product, promotion, price, and distribution.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Domestic and occasional international travel. Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.