Posted on Nov. 10, 2017
Health Insurance, 401K, Dental Insurance
* Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
* Visit us on Thursday November 16th from 10 am to 2 pm.
* Click Apply now for the location address.
Join one of the fastest growing vacation ownership companies in the world, Diamond Resorts International®
Imagine a Career Focused on Improving Lives Through the Power of Vacations!
DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL® OFFERS:
• Competitive Compensation
• Outstanding Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401K w/ Company Matching)
• Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts)
• Industry Leading Training Program
• Eligibility for our tuition assistance program
• Real Opportunities for Growth!
If you are passionate about providing a product that you believe in, then partner with a global leader in the industry and start delivering Vacations for Life® Today!
MARKETING LEADERSHIP TRAINEE-MARKETING MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
The Diamond Mentorship Program is a unique apprentice program designed to develop qualified individuals to ultimately be able to participate in the selection process for the position of Marketing Manager at a Diamond Resorts International® marketing and sales location.
The Diamond Mentorship Program will be composed of specific modules that will cover all aspects of marketing as well as executive leadership. This program is designed to provide hands-on training, mentoring, shadowing and one-on-one interaction with department heads to ensure optimal and fully comprehensive exposure to all aspects of sales and marketing, including a formal training piece and on-the-job experience to learn all elements of the vacation ownership industry.
The duties and services associated with the Diamond Leadership Trainee role include participation in a series of on-the-job rotational assignments in key areas of marketing including Concierge, OPC, Special Events and the National Call Center. In addition to this on-the-job training, the Trainee will be offered a comprehensive University of Excellence curriculum in leadership, management and technical areas. Functional overviews and meetings to obtain a strategic viewpoint of Company and Marketing expectations will also be included in this 9-month program.
• Observe experienced team members to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for performance of departmental duties..
• Attend every class, webinar or training initiative in a timely fashion and with dedication.
• Complete any required homework, activities or exercises as indicated by the relevant mentors/supervisors.
• Thoroughly study the content and materials of each relevant module, performing further research on each topic, and ensure that the maximum level of knowledge is acquired on each subject covered throughout the program.
• After the completion of each module, create and conduct a presentation of that relevant module in front of a group of selected panel members.
• Travel away from home for 90 days at a time throughout the duration of the program.
• Conduct a presentation in front of a team of executives after each 90-day session.
• Successfully pass frequent written and verbal testing, in the form of informal memos and formal presentations & examinations.
• Successfully pass the bi-weekly appraisals that will be conducted by the appointed mentor in order to stimulate and encourage peak performance.
• Communicate/report with management/mentorship team on a regular basis.
• Communicate ideas, goals, interests, needs and concerns to the mentor.
• Set performance goals and objectives with upper management.
• Monitor performance progress with management and key mentors.
• Honor confidentiality: establish and maintain the mutual respect and trust needed for the risk-taking associated with learning and professional growth.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Consistently maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
• Operate general office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to lead and mentor a team.
• Candidates will need to successfully complete pre-screening and a pre-employment background check.
• Will be required to appear before a team of executives during the interview process.
• Timeshare Agent (TSA) / Time Share Real Estate (TSR) licenses will be needed for front-line and phone solicitation standards. TSA will also require 14 hours of class work and will be required for all OPC agents; estimated cost is $225. TSR requires an application fee and photos; no classroom work is required. Estimated cost for TSR is $90.
• Valid driver’s license.
• College degree related to one of the following areas: Timeshare, Hospitality, Sales or Marketing preferred.
• Experience with door-to-door sales, retail or some applicable experience in cold interactions (face-to-face, resell, upsells, branding, comfortable in a sales environment) preferred.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
• Ability to create a comprehensive presentation and effectively present it in front of a group.
• Ability to handle rejection and work through any anticipated “no’s” to achieve the sale.
• High level of dedication.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
• Initiative and adaptability.
• Detail oriented.