Posted on Jul. 27, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking A restaurant Manager to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The manager will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Food hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate. (30%)
2. Implement company programs (IHC/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Restaurant and any other food and beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure am optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s). (30%)
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service. (15%)
4. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects. (10%)
5. Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market. (5%)
6. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service. (5%)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (5%)
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: More than two years of post high school education, but less than a degree from a four year college
Experience: Two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Supervision/ management communication skills are required. Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations. Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
No. of employees supervised: Thirty-one to fifty employees
Travel required: No
Hours Required: Flexible, forty to fifty hours over a five day period.