Posted on Jun. 16, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Experienced deckhand on a harbor tow boat. Must communicate and work well with tender boat crew on all shifts as well as line haul boat crews. Experienced deckhand must have safe work experience and be familiar with recognizing and communicating hazards and hazardous conditions. Experienced deckhand should have a good understanding of river conditions and change and have ability to evaluate marine rigging and recognize rigging hazards. Experienced deckhand should be able and willing to perform general labor onboard a tow boat that navigates the inland waterway system including; housekeeping on boat and barges, handle lines and cables to put boat and barges together or drop barges, chipping and painting and any and all maintenance and support functions for tow boat and barges. Position is intended to be a dinner bucket position on a 12 hour shift reporting to Nashville, TN. Duty will rotate days, nights, and time off. Compensation will be at a daily rate with pay commensurate on experience. Competitive benefit package available with employer participation including health, dental, and life insurance as well as 401K plan after waiting period.
• 1 year deckhand experience required;
• Ability and desire to work 12 hour shift required;
• Ability to do manual labor including lifting items at least as heavy as 75 pounds is required
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs and perform repetitive bending and stooping is required
• Must possess ability to swim and be comfortable working over or adjacent to water
• Must have ability and desire to work during inclement conditions including extreme heat and cold
• Must possess excellent communication skills and work well with all applicable entities involved in the process at all times
• Experience deckhand must be dependable and consistent to report as scheduled
• Must live in the Nashville area and be within 60 miles or approximately 1 hours drive. We are not considering out of state applicants at this time.
Pine Bluff Materials Company is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for