at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 10, 2016
Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Performs work which requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties. Duties are assigned to provide experience and familiarization with engineering methods, independent thinking, and company practices and policies.
* Perform independent evaluation, selection, and application in making adaptations and modifications to projects.
* Receives assigned total project leadership responsibilities on a portion of major significant projects and will be given total management responsibility for smaller projects.
* Manages and provides leadership for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
* Implements and understands FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
* Applies technology principles to multiple tasks. Working knowledge of cross-functional and related technical areas.
* Highlights risks and understands how to approach and complete tasks, avoiding serious delays and considerable expenditure of time and resources.
* Advises team members pro-actively on technical ideas and promotes skill development of team work.
* Interacts with peers across projects to secure resources and commitments.
* Handles frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* Follows technical specification requirements and provides feedback on various technical processes and procedures.
* Presents effectively complex technical information/analysis, and responds to questions from technical staff members and management.
* Works cooperatively and effectively within a team environment to achieve common goals and results, often influencing the outcome of the team(s).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work direction responsibility may include technicians and junior engineers.
* May work with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing and regulatory compliance issues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, preferred.
* Minimum 4 years experience.
* Two years of GMP manufacturing experience required.
* Experience in one or more of the following: injection molding, manufacturing automation, vision systems
* Strong technical problem solving skills for large automated systems
* Strong interpersonal skills to work with production machine operators, technicians, and engineers
* Ability to identify and execute improvement project on automated manufacturing equipment
* Strong written skills to prepare and execute engineering protocols
* Direct the work of technicians
* Working knowledge of OEE metrics and other lean principles
* Must support day-to-day operation of machines in an FDA regulated clean room environment * Requires demonstrated skills in technical innovation, technical leadership, mechanical and or chemical engineering, fluids engineering, and cellular biology.
* Strong interactive skills in general communication, cross-functional participation and influence, mentoring and acceptance of guidance, technical leadership, project management, coordination with cross-functional team member, team behavior, and support for subordinates, junior engineers, technicians, and management.
* Strong technical problem solving skills.
* Mechanical and electronic ability aptitude to assist with equipment trouble-shooting.
* Understanding of and adherence to GMP practices and FDA regulations.
* Knowledge and ability to implement FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires travel based on business needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.