Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
*Speak with us on Wednesday, October 26, from 10am to 2pm.
*Click Apply now for the location address.
Aldi is hiring Manager Trainees, starting at $23/hr.
This position report to the store manager and district manager. Personnel leader is the director of store operations. In the absence of the store manager, the following employees report to the manager trainee: shift manager and store associates.
1. To support the store manager in achieving the company’s objectives of maximizing sales and controlling expenses.
2. To fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with the company’s principles of leadership and organization, the ALDI Management System.
3. To satisfactorily demonstrate the ability to advance to the store manager position.
Essential Job Functions
1. Decision-Making Responsibility
2. Supervise and communicate job responsibilities and performance expectations to store personnel in the store manager’s absence.
3. Assist store manager with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results.
1. Monitor the competitive environment within the community and inform the store manager regarding adjustments necessary to maintain Aldi’s competitive position.
2. Provide product feedback to the store manager, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
Responsibility for Action
1. Ensure store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and that store personnel demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers.
2. Communicate and model the vision and values of the company to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
3. Ensure an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in the store manager’s absence.
4. Ensure a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper
5. Ensure that store personnel maintain store cleanliness standards at all times.
6. Assist the store manager with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
7. Ensure that proper store signage is maintained at all times.
8. Ensure the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
9. Observe and evaluate employees’ performance and provide coaching as appropriate in the store manager’s absence.
10. Ensure that store personnel comply with established policies and procedures, including those contained in the Store Employee Handbook, Store Procedures Manual, and Customer
11. Assist the store manager with achieving the store payroll budget.
12. Assist the store manager with achieving the store total loss budget.
13. Ensure that store personnel adhere to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
14. Ensure that store personnel adhere to cash control policies and procedures to minimize losses.
1. Merchandise product neatly to maximize sales.
2. Assist the store manager with training new employees per the employee training program.
3. Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
Non-Essential Job Functions
Other responsibilities as assigned by the store manager or other members of management.
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service.
2. Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
3. Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
4. Ability to operate equipment including electric and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler.
5. Ability to perform general cleaning duties to maintain store standards for cleanliness.
6. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and/or apply ALDI store policies and procedures.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing, filling out forms, counting and basic arithmetic equations.
9. Ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
10. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and to serve as an effective manager in the store manager’s absence.
11. Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
12. Ability to understand and apply management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs and overtime expenses in order to assist the store manager in achieving the store’s goals.
13. Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
14. Ability to organize, prioritize and complete activities to maximize the total time available.
15. Ability to assist the store manager with establishing and executing plans and goals.
16. Knowledge of and ability to utilize store computers and related programs.
17. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
May be required to handle and sell alcoholic beverages, and meet any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.