at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 25, 2016
Does the idea of Unlocking Your Potential while making a difference in the world pique your interest? Then read on because Terumo BCT, the largest medical device company ($1B) in Colorado, is searching for a Manager to join its Talent & Organizational Development team.
WHO WE ARE:
We are proud to say that through the collaborative work of each of our associates around the globe, we touch a patient's life every second of every day as we strive toward our vision of Unlocking the Potential of Blood . For more about the great work that we do, CLICK HERE .
The Manager, Talent Development will have a particular focus on global talent development initiatives, while also leading a small team and influencing the entire organization to reach its potential. This role is responsible for planning, leading and executing company-wide talent development initiatives such as: performance management, succession planning, talent review, leadership development, high-potential programs, associate development, coaching, competency modeling, and more.
This highly influential position reports to and collaborates with the Director of Talent & Organizational Development to create strategy while also executing on tactics that advance organizational objectives. This role requires working cross-functionally with various leaders and HR Business Partners throughout the global organization so that Terumo BCT is well prepared to meet it strategic goals.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Be an integral part of evolving the Talent & Organizational development function into a global Center of Excellence.
* Create a robust, nimble and highly-effective talent development function based on competency modeling, best practices, and organizational need.
* Balance strategic thinking with day-to-day tactical implementation.
* Allow your confidence in your work and your internal drive to motivate you toward action and results.
* Build relationships with a wonderful plethora of dedicated, hard-working people from around the globe who are united in providing the best possible experience for the patients we ultimately serve.
* Exude passion and competence for all that is possible in the world of talent development, while leveraging your experience working within a business to determine the right cadence for implementation.
* Assess and address talent needs and work closely with the Director of Talent and/or related experience in Talent Development in a fast-paced, global, corporate environment; or the equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Master's degree in OD, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, MBA or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in Organizational Development with a minimum of 2 years experience supporting large-scale Organizational Development/Talent Development initiatives is preferred.
SKILLS as follows which will be demonstrated through interviews, references, portfolio presentations and the like:
* Strong business, program management, project management and operational skills are required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure the work of the team is represented in the most professional and influential light.
* Skilled at training/workshop design as well as workshop and meeting facilitation.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and develop projects from inception to execution.
* Experience design, developing, implementing and evaluating workshops, learning sessions, and programs.
* Able to build personal credibility through building relationships, understanding our culture, and achieving results.
* Proven ability as a well organized, detail-oriented program manager operating in a fast-changing, demanding environment.
* Proven high level of analytical, strategic, problem identification, problem solving and consultative skills.
* Proven ability to create and implement successful talent development, succession planning, leadership development (and other) related strategies, programs and workshops.
* Experience translating vision and strategy into actionable goals, priorities, and challenges.
* Knowledge and high level use of relevant MS Office applications and skills to use them effectively, including PowerPoint, SharePoint and others.
* Ability to create and maintain relationships across the business.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
* Certification and experience in Korn Ferry Competency Model highly desired.
* Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and team outcome orientation.
* Ability to drive results and set clear goals individually as well as for the organization and pursue them with enthusiasm and energy.
* Approaches role with a high degree of honesty, loyalty and integrity and adheres to high ethical standards through leading by example.
* Ability to be self-driven, self-motivated and managing multiple competing priorities required.
EXPERTISE: Human Resources - Training
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years experience