at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 16, 2017
Manages the success of the software development life cycle as it relates to resource management, software development process management, and project and quality management. Provides technical leadership and direction and influences the overall success of varied cross-functional teams.
- Manages and provides leadership for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
- Manage the full development lifecycle of software applications and development
- Develops project plans to manage multiple project activities that supports project completion.
- Has system-wide responsibility on complex components or complex projects within multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ensures that all modules, applications and interfaces have been thoroughly tested and have been evaluated with appropriate quality management team members. Ensure that implementation is successful.
- Uses knowledge of technology and product needs to recommend appropriate action.
- Guides, channels, facilitate and transfers knowledge of technologies. May act as consultant between various technologies.
- Resolves or facilitates resolution of problems and can evaluate recommendations relating to business opportunities and influence policy and process improvements.
- Manage financial delivery and adherence to financial budgets.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Influences customer and management at project lead level.
- Assists with the review and evaluation of personal performance for junior team members.
- May be called upon to solve highly technical, complex problems or to consult for other projects.
- Must participate in regulatory and safety reviews.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 8 years experience
- Requires experience with mission critical applications, preferably medical products/devices.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred.
- Experience with different approaches including formal Waterfall and Agile methodologies. This includes ongoing maintenance/releases of established applications as well as new applications.
- Requires team-oriented attitude and vision.
- Possesses a highly technical and complex knowledge of one software technology or basic knowledge of several technologies.
- Demonstrated experience on database and web development.
- Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving.
- Strong development background, including n-tier development on Windows platforms, interaction with database technology (Oracle, SQL Server), SQA model, Object-oriented analysis and design. C# and C++ experience required.
- Experience using risk analysis and mitigation methodologies.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
State: Colorado (US-CO)
Country: United States