at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 12, 2017
The Manager, Organization Development (OD) will manage global initiatives that further our team's vision of healthy, resilient, and high performing individuals, teams, and leaders throughout our organization. The Manager, Organization Development will manage programs in the following areas: associate engagement, organizational culture, team effectiveness, new leader assimilation, and associate on-boarding. Other projects the Manager, Organization Development may be involved in include: strategic talent management, leadership development, performance management, and organizational change management.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Organizational Development. A successful candidate will work collaboratively with leaders, HR business partners, and colleagues throughout the global organization, as well as with external coaches and consultants, so that Terumo BCT is well prepared to meet its strategic goals.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, implement and improve initiatives that develop high performing teams, engaged associates, and effective managers and leaders
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate accountability and an outcome-driven focus in your work
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with associates and leaders at every level of the organization in both verbal and written form
- Instill trust and build relationships with dedicated, hard-working people from around the globe who are united in providing the best possible experience for the patients we ultimately serve
- Create customer-focused solutions that specifically drive our organization's most important strategic objectives
- Balance stakeholders with a wide variety of needs in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed global environment
- Effectively manage competing priorities to deliver the greatest impact
- Take part in the evolution of the Talent & Organizational Development team into a global Center of Excellence
- Apply and adapt current research, trends and best practices to the culture of Terumo BCT
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, human resources or relevant discipline (required)
- Relevant experience in talent management or organizational development in a fast-paced, global, corporate environment. The equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in organizational development, talent development or related field
- A minimum of 2 years' experience supporting medium- to large-scale organizational development and/or talent management initiatives
- Excellent listening, presenting, writing, facilitation, and oral communication skills
- Expertise identifying problems, formulating desired outcomes, and creating customer-focused solutions
- Expertise in process design and improvement
- Expertise in training and workshop design as well as workshop and meeting facilitation
- Ability to develop and manage programs from inception to continuous improvement
- Ability to build personal credibility through building relationships, understanding our culture, and achieving results
- Acute attention to detail
- Confidence operating in a fast-changing, demanding environment
- Experience translating vision and strategy into actionable goals, priorities, and challenges
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and team outcome orientation
- Ability to set clear goals, pursue them with enthusiasm and energy, and drive results
- Experience building relationships with and appreciating diverse cultures and perspectives
- Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
For a copy of the full job description or questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please