Posted on Sep. 30, 2016
A fast growing Fortune 500 retailer is looking for a Manager in Training!
POSITION OVERVIEW: Manages, controls and is accountable of the operation of an assigned group of stores to ensure consistency with company standards and expectations. Executes with excellence the business plan and associated programs that will deliver desired sales and profit results with the highest standards of Customer Service. Responsible for recruiting, training and developing management teams.
• Serves as a main point of contact for customer service issues in the district.
• Responds quickly and effectively to all customer inquires.
• Ensures that an excellent level of customer service is provided in all assigned locations including the District Office.
• Responsible for holding Store Managers accountable for teaching associates the Customer Service philosophy, in order to minimize customer complaints.
• Responsible for district compliance of measurables, including: Sizing, Customer Service, Sales, Contribution, Controllable Expenses, Markdowns, Safety, Shortage and Associate Turnover.
• Responsible for conducting store visits to company standards. This includes the administration, tracking and follow-up for all visits.
• Ensures all company standards are executed with excellence in all assigned locations.
• Responsible for the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to budget.
• Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
• Ensures a safe, accident-free environment for all customers and associates.
• Maintains compliance to all state, local and federal regulations.
• Demonstrates and trains to Loss Prevention awareness programs.
• Meets Company shrink goals.
• Recruits, hires, trains and develops management associates.
• Actively manages succession planning with consistent attention to training and developing management candidates.
• Identifies, nominates and maintains district training stores.
• Ensures compliance of personnel policies and procedures.
• Handles Employee Relations issues, ensuring partnership with Human Resources and Loss Prevention organizations. Maintains adherence to company safety policies and ensures the safety of associates and customers.
• Ensures proper merchandising presentation and organization by adhering to the merchandising philosophy and procedures.
• Analyzes adjacencies and square footage in order to maximize dollars per square foot.
• Ensures store compliance to the monthly merchandising standards.
• Assesses store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner for each location.
• Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies.
• Customer Service
• Diverse Team Building
• Organizational Agility
• Development of Teams and People
• Business Acumen
• Analysis and Judgment
• Credibility and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Masters preferred.
• 5 or more years of Multi Unit retail management or operations experience.
• Travel required.
• Store Managers
• Assistant Store Managers
• Area Supervisors
• Store Retail Associates
• Administrative Assistant (selected locations only)