Posted on Jan. 12, 2018
Cox's Smokers Outlet, the well-known Spirit and Smoke Shoppe, is growing and looking for ALL LEVELS OF MANAGEMENT.
The ideal candidates will be experienced in managing a fast paced retail store with emphasis in the spirits industry, be able to bring out the best in their employees, and insure that customers receive excellent service.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to; all aspects of the laws and operations of a Liquor and Tobacco Store, including merchandising, controlling proper inventory levels through accurate ordering of merchandise, ensuring correct receiving and stocking of merchandise and proper pricing on the product and in the POS system. Assist public in making selections and deal appropriately with individuals attempting to obtain liquor illegally. Responsibilities may also include organizing employee schedules, assigning and distributing work, evaluating performance, addressing employee issues and maintaining employee time off and payroll records.
Qualifications• General knowledge of Liquor and Tobacco products is preferred but not required.
• Experience in Retail environment.
• Able to work various times and any day of the week.
• Operational computer knowledge required to create purchase orders and receive inventory.
• Able to effectively and efficiently supervise others by assigning/directing work; staff training and development, handling employee issues, making hiring/termination recommendations, etc.
• Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism. Must maintain good working relationship with staff, area managers and sales representatives.
• Principles, theories, and practices of inventory control.
• Operate point-of-sale terminal/cash registers.
• Able to stock shelves; organize and display materials.
• Evaluate information against a set of standards.
• Must be very organized and detailed oriented.
Responsibilities• Supervises subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
• Ensure there is an adequate supply of materials available. Orders, receives, inspects, and stores equipment, merchandise, commodities, materials, and/or supplies.
• Conducts regular and/or spot check inventories of merchandise, supplies, or equipment.
• Prepares cash deposits, reconciles paperwork; gathers sales data and prepares reports.
• Resolves potential confrontational issues appropriately when dealing with individuals, customers, shoplifters, etc.
• Displays new merchandise and existing stock.
• Assists customers in finding products, making selections and purchasing items.
• Ensures staff is trained in all areas, including prohibiting sales to minors.
Work hoursHours will vary
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" form, attached resume, and select the "Apply Now".