at Bic Graphic
Posted on Nov. 13, 2017
Meet our hiring managers on Wednesday, November 29th, 2017.
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. And with our growth, it’s time for you to pencil us in for a TOUR!
Education requirements• High School Diploma or GED required
• Technical Degree in Maintenance or Mechatronics or Associate’s Degree - Engineering a plus.
Experience requirements• Minimum of 3 years mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment.
Qualifications• Background in repairing & maintaining pneumatic, electric, electronic, hydraulic, HVAC equipment, mechanical systems and processing.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, HVAC, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Be proficient in MS Office and CADD software.
• Possess good oral and written skills to communicate with co-workers, management and engineering.
• PLC/HMI and motion control programming experience essential
• CAD experience required
• Commitment to supporting all safety requirements and goals; Working knowledge of OSHA – LOTO, NFPA, ISO and IEC Working knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems
• Provide electrical support for machine continuous improvement projects from concept development through completion
Responsibilities• The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production and plant equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production and plant equipment.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Work with maintenance staff and engineering to diagnose problems and develop solutions. Hands on maintenance, machine maintenance.
• Provide Operational support in running machines at optimum conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity
• Address downtime issues promptly and effectively
• Assist operators in troubleshooting equipment issues
• Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including identification of contributing causes for non-operating events; work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement
• Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verify proper investigative actions are completed and root cause(s) are quickly identified
• Maintain spares, as needed, to ensure availability for equipment repairs
• Effectively utilize and maintain preventive maintenance and work order completion documentation
• Work with Engineering to develop new processes and products.
• Research new advances in technology to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
• Continuously strive to reduce inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance
• Reduce bottlenecks in operations by addressing upcoming production needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements
• Maintain tooling, replacement parts, supplies, safety equipment and necessary tooling for molds to company standards.
• Create training documentation, process documentation, Standard Operating Procedures; train employees on new processes and equipment.
• Coordinate, maintain and communicate Preventative Maintenance schedules and records.
Skills• High degree of Mechanical Aptitude
• Basic computer literacy with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook)
• Strong service orientation
• Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
• Drive and determination to strive for continuous improvement
• Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
• Must be able to perform repetitive bending
• Must be able to lift up to 45 to 70 lbs.
• Possess ability to stand for up to 12 hours, including frequent walking, climbing and use of ladders, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling to change rolls, and lifting arms above the head.
• Ability to hear conversation and warning alarms.
• Ability to visually inspect small items (parts of tubes).
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, kneel, and stand for continuous periods of time
Work hours• Works shifts and overtime as scheduled and/or required to meet business timelines.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace