Posted on Oct. 6, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
$13.41 Hourly + Full Benefits
• Maintain and repair Tulsa Housing Authority (THA) owned or operated facilities and equipment that does not require a license issued by the City of Tulsa or the State of Oklahoma.
• Perform routine maintenance work on structures; carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliance maintenance, heating and air conditioning to insure a high standard of maintenance of the public housing complex in a fast pace work environment.
• Picks up trash and performs general cleanup of the common area.
• Perform semi-skilled tasks using power tools such as sander, saws and drills. Uses hand tools when making repairs on equipment and structures.
• Work on individual job assignments or as a member of a work group engaged in activities such as digging and filling holes and trenches, repairing surfaces, painting facilities and equipment, planting shrubs, ornamental plants and trees, watering landscape areas, setting up site protection equipment while work is being completed.
• Prepares new and old surfaces for finishing by using sandpaper, scrapers or finish removers; Fills and repairs cracks and holes, erects and removes ladders or scaffolding, caulks window or door frames.
• Prepares paint, applies undercoats and finish coats to interior and exterior surfaces. Install, replace or repair plumbing fixtures such as sinks traps and faucets.
• Maintain and make minor repairs to light fixtures, receptacles, switches, replace light bulbs, and make minor electrical repairs not requiring a license.
• Installs and services locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers; cuts new or duplicate keys.
• Completes assigned duties and performs minor work on heating and air conditioning units.
• Perform maintenance duties such as painting, driving trucks, tractors, power mowers, and operating other equipment as required.
• Execute service calls which require only minimum skills such as changing appliance parts on sinks, tubs, toilets, pipes, checking heaters, gas valves, replacing motor guard, and numerous other tasks that do not require a licensed mechanic.
• This position requires the ability to work overtime on weekdays and weekends and respond to emergency calls at all times.
• Assist skilled Maintenance Mechanics in repairing and replacing doors, windows, screens, shelves, cabinets, and painting of public housing facilities.
• Transport material, equipment and supplies from the central or site warehouse as needed.
• May perform the work of a higher classification for training purposes and lower level classifications as required to meet schedule requirements.
• Tools used may consist of measuring instruments, saws, screwdrivers, and other like hand tools. Power tools such as drill motor, skill saw, saber saw. Chainsaws will also be used upon completion of mandated safety training.
• Required to maintain and respond to communication devices (i.e., two-way radio, pager, cell phone). Complete other duties as assigned.
Less than high school education and/or six (6) months to two (2) years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) retirement plan w/over 100% match, paid vacation, sick and holidays
The Housing Authority of the City of Tulsa (THA) is a federally funded public agency responsible for administering public housing and Section 8 rental assistance programs for eligible low-income families living in the Tulsa city limits. THA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Mayor.
To be a leading Public Housing Agency that enhances the quality of life in Tulsa through the efforts of a professional, caring and responsive staff and Board.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We perform criminal background checks and drug testing.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, apply online or through "Quick Apply."