Posted on Sep. 20, 2019
The Midwest Bioscience Research Park (MBRP) Maintenance Technician is a multi-crafted position responsible for maintaining, installing and repairing mechanical and Process Control Systems (PCS) equipment at the Stilwell, KS site. The incumbent will primarily possess skills in the mechanical or PCS skill areas, but will eventually require skills in both areas. This is due to the small crew size, the wide variety of tasks encountered and the relative isolation of the MBRP site.
Principal Activities/Objectives – Mechanical
- Maintains, installs and repairs mechanical equipment, machinery, structures and piping systems.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and locates causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metal working tools.
- Welds, brazes, flame cuts and solders parts.
Principal Activities/Objectives – PCS
- Maintains, installs and repairs electrical equipment and instruments
- Troubleshoot equipment or system failures.
- Installation work.
- Participate in checkout and startup of PCS installations.
- Test and calibrate different PCS components and systems.
Principal Activities/Objectives – General
- Be familiar with, adhere to, and apply all safety rules and safety requirements as outlined in MBRP Safety Procedures. Be specifically familiar with lockout procedure, permit procedure and any hazardous chemicals in the assigned area.
- Understand the requirements of the various customers.
- Perform duties with minimal or no supervision. Must be able to take numerous job assignments from various sources and prioritize to accomplish tasks within prescribed time frame.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interface with all disciplines and appropriate levels of management and maintain an amiable rapport with same.
- Is willing to take on special assignments or non-standard duties.
- Demonstrate initiative to go beyond immediate and obvious tasks/job requirements.
- Display eagerness and ability to learn new technologies as they are introduced.