Posted on Nov. 6, 2017
Maintenance Technician / Distribution Specialist
Primary Purpose of Position:
The maintenance technician is responsible for all general maintenance related to operations machinery, building operation, equipment and systems. After work is assigned, duties are performed independently with only occasional supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Perform maintenance activities with a general knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and fine-tuning, adjusting of the equipment and working with other adjusters.
2. Perform preventive maintenance, inspections, and repairs of utility related equipment, hydraulic systems, compressed air and vacuum systems as well as critical material handling systems.
3. Perform a variety of general maintenance functions in accordance with blueprints, layouts, schematics of circuits and controls, and written or verbal instructions.
4. Perform machine maintenance and repairs on bearings, sprockets, roller chains, gears and machine instrumentation.
5. Determine materials necessary to complete a work order and submit parts requisition for parts required
6. Support the installation of new equipment including electric, water, and air handling equipment.
7. Ability to repair and assist with special building projects that require general skills.
8. Will be required to learn welding and machining to be taught in House.
9. Perform all activities in a safe and orderly fashion, complying with company safety practices and established work processes.
10. Monitor activity of machine adjusters and operators to ensure safe operation.
11. Will be required to complete an electrical course within 2 years
12. In plumbing assignments, may install, modify, test or repair gas lines, water pipes, drains and fittings for machines or equipment.
13. Work independently with minimal instructions from management, but keeping management informed of work activity, status and results.
14. Use the maintenance computer system to identify work orders and to update the status and completion of the project in a timely manner.
15. Use judgment in the execution of activities, requesting assistance or instruction to maximize efficiency and minimize project timing.
16. Return all work areas to a clean, neat, orderly and safe condition.
17. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead
Minimum 3 to 5 years of well-rounded maintenance experience
Completion of a related vocation training program or certification preferred
High School diploma or equivalent work experience
General knowledge of electronic systems, PLC’s, mechanical and building construction trades
Demonstrated mechanical ability and aptitude
Some PLC programming experience preferred
Ability to use a computerized work order system
Time management and problem solving ability
High attention to detail and judgment based on written procedures and guidelines
Ability to work well with others and cooperate with team members and leadership team
Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Sitting at workstation approximately 10% of work time, standing and walking approximately 90%
Lift / push / pull up to 75 pounds
Ability to twist, reach, and bend
Requires ability to reach, grasp, and manipulate objects
Ability to operate various machine and hand tools
Involves moderate risks or discomforts and special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, pallets, trucks, and machines.
Ability to wear provided PPE including hearing protection and steel-toed shoes.
Work can be required in extreme hot and cold environments
Interested? Click on "Apply Now" button.
Education requirementsHigh School diploma or equivalent work experience.
Completion of a related vocation training program or certification preferred.
Experience requirementsMinimum 3 to 5 years of well-rounded maintenance experience