Posted on May. 17, 2017
Plastic Suppliers, Inc. is searching for an Industrial Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift) to join our team at our Columbus, OH facilities.
Plastic Suppliers is a global manufacturer and distributor of bio and petrochemical based films for the label, packaging, food, beverage, and industrial markets.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift) position is 40 hours per week (full time) with overtime as required/needed.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of manufacturing machinery including but not limited to extrusion operations, slitters, palletizers, and other related equipment
• Perform diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment including wiring circuits, control devices, PLCs, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, power transmission, heating/cooling equipment, and hoists
• Fabricate using a band saw, drill press, acetylene torch, welding machine, lathe, milling machine, etc.
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks including lubrication, filter replacement and routine inspections
• Read and understand equipment manuals, schematics, drawings, and wiring diagrams
• Maintain housekeeping in work area
• Work safely, identify unsafe conditions and take action to mitigate
• Associates degree in electrical or mechanical technology preferred
• Minimum five (5) years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
• Must have multi–craft maintenance experience. Fabrication experience is a plus.
• Strong mechanical aptitude, good mathematical skills, and problem solving skills
• Ability to operate forklift and aerial man lift
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Required to reach, climb ladders, stoop and crawl under obstructions
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER