Posted on Oct. 14, 2016
Inspect and perform preventative maintenance tasks as required in all guestrooms and other resort areas
v Basic skills in drywall, painting/staining and wall vinyl repairs.
v Basic electrical and plumbing skills including drain cleaning.
v Basic knowledge of mechanical systems.
v Maintain all guestroom and public space equipment (to include, but not limited to the following)
Ø Change filters
Ø Clean A/C coils
Ø Replace caulk
Ø Replace light bulbs
Ø Repair drapery tracks
Ø Replacement of property
Ø Replace remote control batteries
Ø Unclog toilets and sinks
Ø Touch-up paint
Ø Glue peeling wallpaper
Ø Operates, examines, and dismantles equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction
Ø Schedule, communicate, and execute preventative maintenance
Ø Replaces components, such as bearings, motors, and micro-switches
Ø Replaces faulty sections of pipe, valves, and fittings, using plumbing tools
Ø Lubricates machines and equipment
v Maintain inventory of parts and lubricants
v Maintains a clean, neat shop work area, sweeping and cleaning as necessary
v Maintain proper functioning of all equipment and tools
v Establishes a clear line of communication with the engineering leadership
v Perform the duties of the shift lead during lead absence
v Trains other mechanics on plant procedures when asked
v Assist other maintenance staff on special projects as directed by the engineering leadership
v This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required
* Ability to climb ladders, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
* Ability to move and work throughout the hotel, both indoors and outdoors for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to work in unfavorable conditions, which can occasionally be hot, noisy and wet.
* Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
* Ability to use equipment and machinery and manipulate materials in various ways such as cutting, sawing, grinding, sanding, gripping, soldering and securing materials together.
CURRENTLY, HILTON GRAND VACATION IS A SUBSIDIARY OF HILTON. WE PRESENTLY ANTICIPATE THAT, AT SOME POINT IN 2016, HILTON GRAND VACATIONS WILL BE SPUN OFF FROM HILTON AND BECOME AN INDEPENDENT, PUBLIC COMPANY. WE DO NOT ANTICIPATE THAT THIS CHANGE WILL AFFECT YOUR TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
* Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, computer control systems and components air conditioning and the maintenance and repair of all.
* Thorough knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations.
* Thorough knowledge of utility and sewer systems associated with hotel operations.
* Basic computer skills to provide internal communication
* Ability to operate a forklift, electric cart, or electric lift.
* Basic English language communication skills in order to complete logs, read blueprints and mechanical drawings, communicate with co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
* Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials, areas covered, layout plans and prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations using a calculator.
* Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 200 lbs. using a hand cart/truck or other wheeled assistance.
* Ability to perform tasks consistently while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* You will have experience with repairing and maintaining commercial machinery
* There will be exposure to basic plumbing, fabrication, and troubleshooting
* Our operation requires someone who can work unsupervised and ensure the smooth operation of all processing and support equipment
o Those duties will be to not only maintain and repair the equipment but ensure adequate spare/repair parts, follow safe operating guidelines and maintain/update documentation.
* Be prepared to work on call, weekends, and may work in excess of 40 hours per work
* Ability to effectively communicate and deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
* Must be a team player
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance
* A combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
* High school graduation or equivalent required
* 2 years experience of hotel facility maintenance or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
* CPR Certificate preferred
* First Aid training preferred
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO BE A TEAM MEMBER WITH HILTON GRAND VACATIONS?
There's something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. The foundation of our culture has been about creating memorable experiences and making a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work. Our Team Members are the driving force behind these efforts. It is their talent, passion, and commitment to our brand that has fueled the success of Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets, and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in highly desirable vacation destinations. Our company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Grand Vacations Club(R) and The Hilton Club(R), providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel, and reservation services for more than 250,000 Club Members.