Posted on May. 3, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Promote safety, quality and reliability in all activities conducted by the maintenance team. Improve the work force productivity and work quality by eliminating in advance potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of labor, parts and materials. Responsible for the planning and scheduling of all internal maintenance work performed in all facility areas. Assist the Maintenance Manager as needed with the coordination of external maintenance work (Vendor assigned work) and projects. Maintain appropriate records and files to permit the meaningful analysis and reporting of results of work done. Meet production deadlines, maintain cost control goals, complete daily duties, and other duties assigned. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Receive, review and screen all work order requests to ensure their work scope is clearly described.
• Check orders to ensure the priority is realistic and provide practical lead time, cost and other coding for accuracy. Check authorization of order is correct and approved.
• Create a proper work order for all the approved and needed requests. If the need is questioned and is not readily resolved with requesting departments, refer the work order requests to the Maintenance Manager for approval.
• Obtain blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed, from files or job packets in order to clarify the intent of the work orders.
• Examine unplanned work orders and determines the best way to accomplish the work. Consult with the Maintenance Manager for approval.
• Work closely with purchasing clerk for timely delivery of parts and equipment.
• Identify and obtain determinable materials, entering materials needed on the work order(s).
• Ensure safety needs are given a top priority in work planning.
• Estimate each work order showing sequence of steps, the number of technicians and required labor hours for each step. Lists any special tools or equipment needed.
• Estimate cost for each work order in terms of direct labor, materials required and total costs.
• Maintain backlog of work orders awaiting scheduling and unplanned work orders, with any delay codes.
• Avoid waste and misuse of product and materials.
• Use reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Collaborates with maintenance technicians in the performance of their duties; provides feedback to technicians and Maintenance Manager on project status.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Maintenance experience of 5-8 yrs.
• Computer skills - Intermediate
• Prioritize and organize work based on changing and challenging deadlines.
• Collaborate in a diverse environment with a focus on customer service.
• Communicate effectively with associates, staff & senior management.
• Respond effectively to changing demands.
• Diagnose situations and make good adjustments in a timely manner.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
• Maintenance experience, operational experience and knowledge of systems (WIN, IT etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, and Access)
• Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and communication.
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.