Posted on Sep. 22, 2016
JOIN THE JBS TEAM!
Maintenance Mechanic (Union)
$21/hr with potential to earn $4.40/hr more based on experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Benefits
• Vacation plan/ paid time off
• 401K retirement
• Excellent compensation plan
• Promote from within
• Must pass an electrical mechanical knowledge test.
• Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
• Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions.
• 2nd and 3rd shift positions
• HS diploma or GED required.
• 2 – 3 years of industrial electrical experience in a food industry environment preferred.
• Basic computer skills a plus.
• Licenses not required, willing to train.
• Position requires a drug test and background check.
• Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties.
• For Mechanic positions we require experience and knowledge of high speed manufacturing /packaging equipment to include hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, valves, cylinders, case formers, labeling equipment, fillers, and conveyors. Knowledge of welding (S/S, Mig, Tig).
• Day to day maintenance and repair to equipment.
• Perform Labeling and Tagging of systems and/or checks for verifications.
• Troubleshoot and repair high speed food processing and packaging equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems on production equipment.
• PLC’s knowledge a plus
• Support the plant equipment, and maintaining a safe plant meeting all federal, state and local environment requirements.
What employees are saying about JBS -
“The most rewarding aspect of working here is knowing that you are helping to bring high quality products to all areas of the world.”
-Jakob, International Logistics
“I love the people here – everyone is friendly. I also love the atmosphere – it is more people oriented than other places I have worked.”
– Gina, Pilgrim’s
“It is rare for a person to work for a company this size and be given an opportunity to understand how the whole business works in any given division. It is a reflection of the company’s value of its managers to create a program that explains the ‘why’s’ of its policies, processes and systems while giving one the chance to influence them.”
–Mina, Souderton, PA
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form and click "Apply Now"
2. Then select email employer. Attach resume to email and send