Posted on Apr. 20, 2017
***MEET OUR HIRING MANAGERS IN PERSON!!!
***Visit us on April 26th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
***Click Apply now for the location address
Advanced Disposal is NOW HIRING Maintenance Technician(s) to join their team in Lakeland, FL!!!
HS Graduate or Equivalent
Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Division's maintenance function in order to maintain a safe, reliable and cost effective fleet of vehicles and/or equipment and/or adequate supply of containers. Set the standard for excellence in the Maintenance department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Manage the department staff with responsibility for hiring, training, scheduling work assignments, managing performance, disciplining and authorizing overtime
• Serve as an integral part of the facilities management team in assuring coordination of efforts of all departments in providing quality service to customers, budget preparation, and goal attainment
• Regularly communicate with operations and sales regarding status of fleet vehicles, containers and/or other equipment
• Monitor and inspect work in progress and at completion to ensure quality and safety standards are maintained
• Maintain adherence to company policy in regards to operations and safety issues. Maintain a safe and productive work environment for all employees
• Set the standard for excellence in the Maintenance Department and assume a leadership role
• Maintain an ongoing preventive maintenance program to assure vehicle safety and operating efficiency
• Ensure corrective maintenance is performed safely, effectively, and expeditiously in order to avoid unnecessary downtime of vehicles and/or containers
• Control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
• Review status reports including road calls, break downs and shop hours
• Understand and respond to trends
• Assist in the purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, tools, and containers/compactors by providing input regarding vehicle specifications
• Assure all data pertaining to the maintenance operation is available for input into the vehicle maintenance system in an accurate and timely manner
• Interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, suppliers and contractors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and other related federal regulations
• Strong attention to detail required
• Ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, and communicate with customers and vendors
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong motivational, coaching and teaching skills
• Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
Education: High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: Four years of vehicle, equipment and hydraulic maintenance experience. Two years of experience as a supervisor, manager or other leadership role
Certifications: Valid commercial driver’s license
***Please Click ‘Apply’ for LOCATION DETAILS to Meet Our Recruiters, and Submit your Resume Today!!!!
**We look forward to meeting you on April 26th!!