Posted on Apr. 14, 2017
The purpose of the maintenance supervisor position is to supervise & manage building maintenance operations for multiple locations in multiple cities. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing the work of a large maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of all facilities, vehicles and ongoing maintenance in all facilities. The maintenance staff is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as upkeep of machinery needed to operate and maintain the facility. In addition to directing the work of subordinates, the maintenance supervisor may also be required to perform maintenance duties himself as needed.
• Minimum of an Associates' degree or graduation from an accredited trade program. Relevant experience in the building or facilities management arena may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of five years of general maintenance experience is required.
• Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, reading blueprints, knowledge and use of applicable power tools
• Previous experience supervising employees, including directing work, evaluating performance and coaching for improvement required.
• Experience troubleshooting and correcting electrical or mechanical problems, maintaining
Alvis is committed to attracting and retaining qualified, productive and motivated employees through a compensation package comprised of pay, professional development opportunities, benefits and the intangible rewards of helping others to turn their lives around. We offer a variety of benefits depending upon the type of employment (part time, full time, nonexempt, exempt, etc.).
The following is a basic overview of benefits available to our staff:
• Vacation, personal and sick leave
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Short term and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Professional development
• Employee assistance program
• Life insurance
• Shift differential pay
To apply for this position please fill out the ‘Quick Apply” section with your name, email and phone number. Attach your resume and cover letter and click apply now. You may also apply in person. Please click apply now to view the location address.