Posted on May. 5, 2017
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician to join our team!
This individual will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the plant’s business goals and objectives.
The minimum qualification:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Two year technical degree in an industrial or electrical trade
• Five to seven years in manufacturing/industrial experience
• Strong electrical and controls troubleshooting
• PLC programming, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills is perferred
• Experience in a mining environment is preferred
• Must be available to work 12 hour shifts
The essential functions include:
• Maintaining plant equipment by providing emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs during machine service
• Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
• Participate in the maintenance On-Call system.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situation to proper supervision.
• Comply with MSHA regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Follow safe work practices.
• Perform work in accordance with all applicable State and Federal mining laws.
• Reports major repairs and safety improvements needed to management.
• Communicate necessary information to other plant personnel.
• Prepare operating reports.
• Monitor system for environmental compliance.
Superior Silica Sands is not only a great company to work with, we’re a wonderful company to work for.
We are committed to our employees and their families, providing a wide array of benefits, including:
• Good pay and benefits
• A family-sensitive environment
• A commitment to the highest ethical standards
• Open, honest and direct communications
• A commitment to each other
• A commitment to stringent health and safety measures
• A fun, easy-going culture
• Leadership that is responsive to employees’ needs