Posted on Sep. 8, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Machinist - 2nd Shift
* Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
* Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
* Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
* Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
* Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes, metallurgy and heat treating.
* Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity and pneumatics.
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Strong mathematical aptitude.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
* Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
* Attainment of trade certification.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.
Please hit the "Apply Now" button.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.