at Hilex Poly
Posted on Nov. 29, 2016
** Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
** Visit us on December 7th from 10am to 2pm.
** Click Apply now for the location address.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and designated Shift Leads, this position is responsible for operating bag machines and associated equipment in order to safely produce high-quality bags in accordance with the job safety analyses (JSA’s), production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications, etc.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
• Understand and follow all JSA’s and safety procedures/policies
• Setup and operate bag machine(s) and support equipment to convert HDPE film into bags
• Read and verify line orders/dockets
• Understand printing job requirements by the specifications
• Set up the bag line by loading film and adjusting for size
• Mount cylinders, adjust pressure, tension and distribution of ink
• Troubleshoot stoppages and breakdowns
• Perform quality checks of material being produced and complete related documentation
• Complete daily production paperwork
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
• Ability to work 12-hour day and night rotating shifts
• Work overtime as required
• Satisfactorily complete training courses as determined by management
• Ability perform the essential functions of the job with our without accommodation
• Requirements include, but are not limited to (all times are approximate):
• Sitting (1-2 hours)
• Standing (Constantly - 12 hours or more)
• Walking (Constantly 12 hours or more)
• Lifting (Regularly/Constantly):
- 0-10 lbs. (8-10 hours)
-10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (never)
• Carrying (Regularly/Constantly):
- 10-20 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (8-10 hours)
- 100 lbs. (never)
• Pushing (Often - 8-10 hours or more)
• Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (Often - each 8-10 hours)
• Balancing (Regularly/Constantly)
• Stooping, Kneeling, Crawling (Often - each 1-3 hours)
• Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (Regularly/Constantly each 8-10 hours)
About the Company:
• Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
• The leadership of Novolex’s™ packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
• The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, and General Packaging® Products.
• Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications.
• Novolex™ is a U.S. based company with a headquarters in Hartsville, SC.
• Novolex™ employs over 6000 people in North America from coast to coast. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 40 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
• The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s™ family of packaging brands create value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
• Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
• To be a leading provider of packaging solution that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
• We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex™ sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
• Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
• Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
• Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
• Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit us online!
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.