Posted on Aug. 11, 2017
$12.63– $19.53 Hourly
Machine Operator for Production Line
Church and Dwight in Harrisonville due to expansion have an immediate need for machine operators for our production lines on all shifts. We are a national company that manufactures many name brand products so these are career opportunities to get hired with a company with many advancement opportunities.
What we’ll offer:
• Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
• Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
• Career ownership & development
• Diversity & Sustainability
Starting pay $12.63/hr. with advancement opportunities up to $19.53/hr.
The Utility Operator is involved in machine start up/shutdown and operation of all the equipment involved in production on the liquid packaging line including: unscrambler, filler, SWF tray former, SWF case sealer, Hartness case packer, and palletizer/stretch wrapper.
Education requirements• High school diploma or equivalency
Experience requirements• Previous manufacturing experience helpful
ResponsibilitiesWhat you’ll do:
• Perform operational set up/shut down and maintain operation of packing line equipment.
• Establish familiarity with raw material part numbers, sizes of bottles, and box quantities.
• Clear jams and restart equipment such as sealer, caseformer, and Hartness/Standard Knapp.
• Hand stacks cases of finished goods onto pallets in the event palletizer is non-functional.
• Identify alarms on various equipment and appropriately and safely clear jam to restart packaging line.
• Apply and understand proper lock out/tag out procedures for each piece of equipment assigned to operate.
• Load bottles into unscrambler and/or load 200 oz. bottles directly onto conveyor.
• Load bundles of corrugate into case former executing safe lifting techniques.
• Inspect finished product for defects at various points on the packing line.
• Regularly perform housekeeping duties to keep work area clean and neat.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Skills• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good organizational/time management skills would be a plus.
• Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
Work hours• Mon-Fri (2nd Shift) 3pm - 11:30pm
• Sun-Thurs (3rd Shift) 11pm-7:30am
What we’re about:
• Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
• Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
• Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
• Entrepreneurialism- We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.