Posted on Jul. 3, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
LPN - Part Time
The Health Services Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the implementation of the health care service provision for individuals with Developmental Disabilities served through the Tennessee Community Services Waiver. The nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to individuals supported by Volunteers of America of Tennessee in accordance with the Division of Mental Retardation guidelines.
The position requires the employee to be currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the State of Tennessee and experience equivalent to one year of nursing, nursing experience for individuals who have Developmental Disabilities and/or Mental Health concerns is desirable. Knowledge of the guidelines established by the state of Tennessee for community support programs for individuals with Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
1. Current LPN license.
2. Satisfactory Criminal Records test.
3. Satisfactory abuse and neglect registry check.
4. Proof of automobile insurance.
5. Current Tennessee Driver’s License.
6. TB test.
7. First Aid & CPR training before working alone with individuals.
1. Implements nursing plans of care by administering medications, nursing treatments and educating the persons served and the staff as directed by the Case Manager – RN.
2. Schedules and coordinates, as delegated by the Case Manager - RN, the medical appointments for individuals served in a timely manner and insures that all specialist recommendations are addressed.
3. Communicates with Primary Care Physicians and specialists to coordinate health services for individuals served.
4. Records all nursing care in records and maintains file systems, as directed by the Health Services Coordinator.
5. Assists in maintaining accurate and up to date Health Passports.
6. Effectively works to maintain DMRS standards and takes prompt, effective action to correct any deficiencies.
• Competitive Pay based on experience
• Shift Differential Pay
• Team working environment
• Work with a great group of co-workers who treat you like family
• Get to know your patients personally and make a difference in their lives each and every day
• Lots of room for advancement opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program & Teledoc
• Suite of voluntary benefits
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form, submit resume and select "Apply Now!