Posted on Sep. 28, 2016
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Windmoor Healthcare, located in Clearwater Florida is a 144-bed comprehensive behavioral health care facility that provides a wide range of inpatient and partial hospitalization programs and services.
Our facility has been providing intensive treatment of dual diagnosis issues and the comprehensive approach is highly individualized, designed to guide patients and their families through the process of intervention, assessment and treatment.
We are currently seeking a full time Licensed Practical Nurse to work on the evening shift.
If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference, Windmoor is the place for you.
• Provide direct care to adult patients with psychiatric disorders, as well as substance abuse
• Ensure the safety and well-being of the patients
• Assess, direct, delegate, coordinate, and evaluate patient care in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care
• Supervises the Mental Health Techs
• Administers prescribed medications and provides medication and other educational groups on the shift
• Recognize and takes immediate action in crisis situations
• Promote unit cohesiveness through positive peer support
• Evaluates the effectiveness and implications of own decisions.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
EXPERIENCE: Prefer one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse. Prefer six (6) months in psychiatric nursing. Knowledge of current nursing procedures, the nursing process, medications and their correct administration
• Currently licensed as a Register Nurse in the state of Florida
• Current CPR Certification required
• Current Florida Driver’s License
Click "Apply Now" to upload your resume, and click through to continue the application process.
Must be able to pass the AHCA livescan fingerprinting background screen.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.