Posted on Sep. 5, 2016
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Hamilton Trace
At CarDon & Associates Fishers, IN
$2,500. SIGN ON BONUS
BASIC FUNCTION: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the coordination and performance of nursing activities in his/her assigned section/unit during a designated shift. In the absence of other senior management, a Licensed Practical Nurse may be responsible for oversight of the facility during certain shifts.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS: Has an active, in good standing, Indiana license as a Licensed Practical Nurse and graduated from an accredited school of nursing. Has strong organizational and time management skills. One-year professional nursing experience providing direct care to residents in long-term care, acute care, restorative care, or a geriatric setting. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The employee must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be successful in this position.
1. Performs physical assessments of new admissions and of current residents as indicated by change in condition or as required by regulations.
2. Completes assigned and required daily and weekly documentation including any ancillary assessment in conjunction with the MDS process.
3. Provides direct patient care, administers medications and specialized treatment and diet to residents on unit as prescribed by physician orders and in compliance with facility policies and procedures. Receives and gives a comprehensive report on all residents.
4. Works with the Interdisciplinary Team in the development and implementation of plans of care to help each resident maintain highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. Refers relevant care issues to this team.
5. Modifies approaches to accommodate resident needs and preferences, manage their risk factors for functional decline, and improve their functional abilities.
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Is able to work overtime when needed
Hamilton Trace brings the family-first philosophy shared by CarDon communities throughout Indiana, to Fishers and the surrounding area. It’s a philosophy that inspires the exceptional living options and compassionate healthcare services we offer.
At CarDon & Associates Inc. we offer an opportunity to build relationships in an exciting career.
$2,500. SIGN ON BONUS