Posted on Jun. 28, 2016
The LPN is responsible for the provision of the clinical services/clients assigned to them within the agency, in cooperation with the supervising RN, the Nursing Supervisor and/or Director of Clinical Services. He/she is a health care professional with knowledge, experience, and ability, to effectively administer the clinical programs. He/she follows, adheres to, and provides leadership to all staff and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations. This person may supervise, or provide guidance to other staff to facilitate appropriate patient care and adherence to physician orders and appropriate rules and regulations.
Requirements The ideal candidate for this position has graduated from an accredited LPN program, has a current license as an LPN in this state, and has a minimum of one year experience in the field.
The following is a representative list of duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
* Organizes, coordinates, and directs the ongoing provision of the services to the clients assigned to them within the agency.
* Ensures that adequate qualified personnel are provided, retained, and utilized in an efficient manner.
* Participates in professional growth and staff development opportunities and ensures they maintain, enhance their skills while maintaining licensure within the state the services are being provided.
* Participates in the implementation, integration, and maintenance of the Quality Improvement Program.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory and accrediting standards.
* Maintains ongoing liaison with staff and community.
* Ensures the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
* Assists with the development, implementation, reviews, and revises policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and meeting the agencies goals and objective.
* May be asked to assist in preparing annual budget with Nursing Supervisor and/or the DCS and controls operational activities toward accomplishment of budget goals.