at Terumo BCT
Posted on Sep. 8, 2017
The Logistics Manager provides tactical direction and overall management of the Logistics department and is responsible for its outcomes Logistics includes finished goods warehousing, transportation and customs clearance processes and partnerships, as well as trade compliance processes
* Manages and provides leadership for the functional group's development, direction, and effectiveness, adhering to organizational policies and processes and supporting overall business and corporate objectives.
* Manages operating expenses of assigned departments and company codes, as well as logistics services spend for assigned region
* Manages in multi-country legal and regulatory framework for lab device, medical device and pharmaceutical products
* Manages in multi-cultural and language environments
* Teams with Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Quality and Operations to effectively and compliantly service customers
* Manages customer complaints related to deliveries and logistics ensuring response and resolution within customer time frame expected
* Develops and maintains successful relationship and contract management of the 3rd party warehouse and logistics suppliers
* Focuses on the execution of the regional warehouse and logistics strategy as set by the Global Logistics leadership that best meets the regions' customer contract requirements
* Provides expertise and responsibility for regions' import/export functions and compliance, including trade and security regulatory compliance (Duty Drawback, C-TPAT, NAFTA, et.al.)
* Ensures trade, quality, country regulatory, and financial compliance in a regulated environment
* Improves related processes and systems
* Maintains and creates ERP system data in the customer master, material master and vendor master data records
* Focuses on working capital performance improvement by assuring stock accuracy, preventing obsolescence, damages and insuring rework process smoothly.
* Implements solutions for continuous improvements, supporting the business in maximizing sales and profit with optimal logistics cost, assuring quality and high service level performance
* Measure, monitor and report on a monthly basis KPIs, making sure performance is in line with target and identifying root cause and corrective actions to address logistics issues. NANA Leads internal and external audits to regional warehouses, ensuring global policies and SOPs are updated, trained and in place.
* Leads internal and external audits to regional warehouses, ensuring global policies and SOP's are updated, trained and in place.
* Responsible to promote best practices in logistics in NA region.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Masters Degree desired.
* Minimum 8 years experience.
* Experience in directly related fields, with the most recent years in progressive management positions.
* SAP system expertise strongly preferred
* Proven leadership and managerial abilities demonstrated by developing, coaching, and training others in an organizational setting.
* Demonstrated management experience with warehouse operations, transportation modes and requirements, international shipping requirements, import, export compliance and management, warehouse management, and warehouse facility operations, including benefits and risks of shipping modes and storage method alternatives.
* Has demonstrated experience with 3PL and 4PL/LLP suppliers.
* Subject matter expertise in inventory control methods, inventory expiration requirements, and achieving metrics.
* Understanding of accounting and finance in order to analyze costs and benefits of strategies, projects, or initiatives.
* Ability to manage projects while successfully meeting budget and schedule constraints and project objectives.
* Planning skills to establish project schedules, manage projects, set priorities, set objectives, and negotiate deadlines.
* Successful experience working proactively in a global environment developing strong linkages at many levels.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.