Posted on Feb. 8, 2018
The Logistics Coordinator works closely with the Master Scheduler to coordinate third party transportation, and schedules to optimize the on time fulfilment of customer orders. This position manages inventory levels of finished products and develops appropriate forecast models to support service and inventory levels.
Education requirements• Bachelor degree preferred.
Experience requirements• 3 – 7 years of experience in related industry.
Qualifications• Proficient in standard business office software.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion.
• Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers.
• Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor.
Responsibilities• Issue Purchase Orders to vendors to meet customer expectations.
• Monitor and manage Sales order fulfilment.
• Manage inventory levels and accuracy of products.
• Ensure timely deliveries to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
• Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
• Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
• Implement improvements that support business strategies, adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
• Other duties as assign