Posted on Jan. 5, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Truck Driver – CDL Class A / HAZMAT / No-Touch Freight
Penske Logistics in Tipp City, OH
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
Why Penske? Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Route/Activity – Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers.
Equipment – 48’ & 53’ Dry Van Trailers
Compensation – Hourly
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management.
Click "Apply Now" for details.
Experience requirements• 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
Qualifications• At least 23 years of age
• CDL Class A with “H” (Hazmat) endorsement required
• Reliable and customer-oriented
• Safety oriented
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Responsibilities• The safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency -rules, standards, and guidelines.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
• Primary interface with the customer at the point of delivery.
Skills• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Work hoursVaries - Must be flexible for all shifts