Posted on Sep. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
General Produce is looking for safe drivers to deliver produce in metro Atlanta and the surrounding areas.
$17.00/hr to start
Benefits include 401K, Medical, Dental & Vision after 60 days,
Holiday pay after 90 days and paid vacation after 1 year.
Experience requirements• 18 months minimum experience in a Tractor/Trailer
Qualifications• No more than 4 moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than 2 moving violations in the previous 12 months.
• Must be proficient at maintaining logs.
• Must maintain a valid MVR and be able to pass D.O.T. Physical as required.
• Drivers must be able to bend, stoop, and lift up to 70 lbs unaided.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to enter and exit a tractor and trailer or Straight Truck numerous times a day as required to make deliveries
Responsibilities• Operate Tractor with 48’ & 53’Reefer Trailer and/or a Straight Truck
• Follow a predetermined schedule of pick up and delivery of produce.
• Pallet jack the produce to the tail end of trailer when customer does not maintain an unloading dock, (the pallet jack to be supplied by the Customer).
• Aid the Customer when necessary in unloading the product.
• Maintain log properly as required by the DOT of work-related activities including materials and supplies transported as directed.
• Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water; as prescribed by the company and in compliance with the DOT, and maintain cleanliness of assigned truck.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.