Posted on Apr. 6, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Disability Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid vacation
Experienced Litigation Paralegal for Medical Malpractice Department - Defense: Tampa office
AV-rated Insurance Defense firm is seeking bright and dynamic Litigation Paralegal to join their Medical Malpractice department. As a member of the legal team, the paralegal will assist in all aspects of case preparation and file management through the various stages, up to and including, settlement or trial. Candidate must be experienced in the areas of Complex Litigation, General Liability, with an emphasis in Medical Malpractice.
Employees at Rissman, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue, McLain & Mangan, P.A. enjoy the following benefits:
• Tampa office is conveniently located close to I-275 outside of downtown.
• Covered, free parking
• Benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401K, supplemental insurance options, vacation time
• Compensation based on experience and annual performance review
• Well established law firm with an array of specialties where you can diversify your experience and knowledge
• Conservative business culture balanced with employee appreciation days and collective celebration of employee milestones
Education requirementsParalegal Certificate from an ABA certified program preferred but not necessary.
Experience requirements• Recent and relative legal experience is required
• Minimum 3-5 years Paralegal experience required
• Minimum 3-5 years Litigation experience required
• Experience working in Insurance Defense is required
Responsibilities• Detailed review and analysis of medical records with presentation of findings to multiple attorneys
• Preparation of medical records summaries, trial exhibits and other demonstrative evidence for use at trial
•Assisting partners in preparation for and attendance at trial
Skills• Excellent multitasking skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize work flow
Work hoursStandard office hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5pm.
Pre-trial or mediation may require additional time for case preparation.
The firm is looking to fill these positions promptly due to need as the firm is growing and those willing to begin working quickly are asked to apply immediately. Interviews are actively being scheduled.
The Quick Apply Link above will generate an email to the office recruiter. Please include your resume and reference Paralegal.
About the firm:
Rissman, Barrett, Hurt, Donahue, McLain & Mangan, P.A. is an AV-rated law firm by Martindale-Hubbell(R) Law Directory offering top quality legal services to its clients throughout Florida. The firm provides legal services in all areas of insurance defense litigation from Workers’ Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Automobile Negligence, Premises Liability and Construction Litigation.
The firm was founded in 1972 and has grown from a small firm to one of the larger Insurance Defense firms in the state of Florida.