Posted on Jul. 14, 2017
Fred Loya Insurance
Litigation Claims Adjuster
Apply In Person Only
Interviews will be in person
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
*Please click the quick apply form for location details
Our San Antonio, Texas claims office has an immediate opening for a Litigation Claims Adjuster.
In the role of a Litigation Adjuster/Examiner, employee will be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and adjusting complex and/or severe exposure claims and lawsuits. This will include coverage analysis (legal and statutory issues affecting coverage), liability/compensability, and damages.
Employee will be responsible for evaluating, properly reserving, and negotiating settlements on assigned litigated cases.
Employee will be working closely with staff and outside defense counsel, as well as directly with a variety of customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner. In addition, employee will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously; documenting each step of activity for each claim in our system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Investigate and verify coverage
• Investigate and determine liability
• Document all relevant claim facts in our electronic system
• Provide extraordinary customer service to all parties involved in the claims process
• Adhere to all regulatory and casualty practices and procedures followed by the company
• Attend mediations, trials, settlement conferences, and hearings
• Assign litigated claims to defense counsel
• Monitor and approve litigation expenses
• Prepare and submit reports and trial authority requests to claims management on selected files
• Maintain current knowledge of statutes and case law decisions affecting various jurisdictions
• Other duties as assigned by management or as needed.
• Employees should be trained and proficient in coverage and liability handling to include complex liability decisions.
• The ability to communicate with attorneys and others via the telephone and in writing to discuss liability determinations, bodily injury settlements, and litigation claims which may go to mediation, arbitration, or trial.
• The employee must be able to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining organization of their desk and incoming claims.
• Employee must be available for travel.
• Texas Adjuster License or willing to obtain
• Education: College degree preferred, but not required
• Training: Must be a licensed claims adjuster (statutory licensing requirements must be in good standing and maintained)
• Experience: Customer service experience required, Litigation claims experience preferred but not required, 3-5 years experience handling bodily injury claims required, Proficient in Microsoft Office programs preferred
We are committed to our employees and offer competitive wages, incentives, and an excellent benefit package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plan and several voluntary benefits that can be selected based on individual needs. In addition, we offer paid Vacation Time, Sick time, and several paid Holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants please click on apply now to submit resume or for location details