Posted on Oct. 13, 2017
Accurately and efficiently prepares food in accordance with Alamo Drafthouse specifications utilizing proper food handler procedures, as well as prepare and portion and food products prior to cooking. Performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating.
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
• Ensures that all Guests have an AWESOME Experience, and are EXCITED to come back.
• Prepares a variety food with diverse methods of preparation and adheres to specific product prep, handling procedures and plate presentation as set forth by Concept Chef.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of food products served.
• Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Maintains cleanliness throughout the kitchen, throughout the shift.
• Keeps prepared food continuously flowing out of the kitchen.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the expo, manager and runners as necessary.
• Completes assigned prep work to stock and set up stations as necessary utilizing standard portion sizes and recipe specifications. Stores and rotates all product properly.
• Breaks down, and cleans station or work area at end of shift..
• Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
• Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled staff meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Education/ Equivalent Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Stands/walks 100% of shift.
• Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
• Able to deliver plates, food & clear tables which may require lifting as much as 30lbs.
• Ability to read and write English.
• Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to Guests.
• Ability to read and write handwritten notes.
• Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards. Work performed in the
restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.
Click on Apply Now!