Posted on Jul. 27, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking Line Cooks to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Cooks will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Food & Beverage Department to ensure we provide a memorable dining experience. This position is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing food and controlling quality of all food items prepared in the cook station.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Reports directly to the Chef, Sous Chef, and Supervisor.
* Reports to Cook I if any of the above is present.
* Prepares all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product
* Must adhere to control procedures for cost/quality
* Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product
* Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom
* Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates.
* Cleaning of walk-ins, reach-in boxes, to ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitary and in proper working condition, in order to comply with health department regulations
* Maintains area in a clean condition at all times.
* Responsible for the cleanliness of there assign station (table, cooler, cutting boards)
* Will be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the hotel.
* All other duties that are assigned
* Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
* Is polite, friendly, and helpful to all guests, management and fellow employees
* Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
* Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
* Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
* Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
* Recycles whenever possible
* Remains current with hotel information and changes
* Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
* Responsible to have there own basic equipment (chef knife, paring knife, peeler, sharpener)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* EDUCATION: High school Diploma required.
* EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3-4 year's experience with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
* Basic knife skills.
* Ability to work pantry and grill station.
* Knowledge on grill cooking temperature.
* Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and difficult situations
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment.
* Basic mathematical skills
* Must be able to obtain Food Handler's Card
* Ability to bend, stoop, stand, lift 50 pounds and push carts weighing up to 200 pounds
* Ability to speak, read and write English
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays