Posted on Apr. 20, 2018
$16.00– $19.00 Hourly
Immediate Openings for Line Cooks in New York City!
This position requires 1-2+ years a la carte cooking experience; banquet/hotel experience a definite plus!
Are you searching for a fun, fast-paced career opportunity in the hospitality industry? PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company, is looking for line cooks in your area to work with one of our premier clients. At PeopleReady we value and respect our employees. When you work for PeopleReady you’re not just joining a company but joining a family. If you’re the type of person who gives 100% to what you do, we want to talk to you. We’re not looking for someone who can just get the job done. We are looking for someone who can also be our goodwill ambassador.
QualificationsSuccessful Line Cook skills and characteristics:
• Strong culinary knife skills
• Broiler experience and culinary training preferred
• State-certified proper food handling certification. ServSafe® certification is a plus.
• Knowledge of proper food storage, food spoilage and controlling food-borne illnesses
• Strong knowledge of health department standards and food safety
• Exceptional time management and prioritization; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong leadership skills; demonstrated success motivating a team
• Exceptional time management skills
• Well groomed, professional appearance
Employee is frequently required to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Line cook for main kitchen.
• Maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout cooking area.
• Prepares all major food items, including all soups, roasts, sauces and vegetables.
• Maintains control charts of all food items produced.
• Must be able to read and follow menus and recipes; good knife skills.
• Fast paced, organized individual with strong communication skills. Excellent knowledge of food sanitation and safety.
• Ability to work various stations on the main line, hot/cold prep in pantry and assist with banquet functions.
• Broiler experience and culinary training preferred.
• Assignments will be based on experience, but will be cross-trained in all areas to build and develop strengths and experiences.