Posted on Aug. 18, 2017
Isle of Capri Casino in Kansas City has multiple openings for Line Cooks of different levels. These are full time positions with pay commensurate with skill level and experience and come with a great benefit packages. All individuals hired will receive up to a $1000 HIRING BONUS.
POSITION SUMMARY: Safely prepare food items, following menu specifications and standard recipes, for service to customers in all outlets. Strive for picture perfect plate presentation. Promote the see, say, smile culture through actions and positive attitude.
• Maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude toward all external and internal customers at all times.
• Properly operate all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, slicer, steamer, deep fryer, oven, broiler, grill, mixer, kettle, braiser, flat top, and knives.
• Accurately prepare all food items according to established measurements and recipes.
• Check station before, during, and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
• Ensure consistent product delivery to the customer.
• Actively participate with staff to cook, prepare, dish-up, and assemble all food for assigned outlet(s).
• Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing/restocking work station with supplies.
• Prepare written requisitions for supplies and food items for production in the work station.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
• A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
• At least one years of experience in food preparation and food knowledge.
• Must be able to work any assigned shift, including late nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Ability to appropriately with all casino customers, departments, and fellow team members.
• Ability to perform assigned cooking duties.
• Ability to read and gather all necessary items for recipe execution.
• Ability to prepare an order list for recipe preparations.