Posted on Nov. 16, 2016
Urgent and Family Care at Avery Ranch is a first-class Urgent Care Facility in Austin Texas. Our clinic is open 8am to 8pm Mon-Sat, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday, 363 days a year.
We are committed to providing exemplary patient care utilizing our on-site X-ray and lab, extended hours and highly qualified staff.
We are looking for an experienced high energy full time Limited Medical Radiological Technician (LMRT) that will cross function as a Medical Assistant and Front Office Coordinator for a fast-paced, busy clinic with at least 1 year of medical office experience (above and beyond schooling and externship), along with some knowledge of health insurance plans, since position requires front and back office duties.
The ideal candidate has:
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of medical front office procedures
• The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
• Provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating Radiologic equipment to produce radiographs
• Informs patients of any applicable co-pay and forms of acceptable payment
• Performs eligibility checks by using on-line or telephonic methods as needed
• Answer and triage phone calls
• Obtain accurate vital signs on all patients ranging in age from 6 months to elderly
• Obtain and process various lab specimens according to established protocols and procedures
• Ensure that required patient forms have been filled out by patient prior to seeing Physician
• Enter/update patient information in electronic medical record in accordance with established protocols and procedures
• Prepare rooms for minor surgical procedures and assist physicians as needed during these procedures
• Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
• Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Administrator or Supervisor
Candidates MUST possess LMRT certification, excellent work reference, and solid work history.
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must possess LMRT certification, excellent work reference, and solid work history
• Proven customer service experience-(1 or more years of demonstrated customer service experience preferred)
• Ability to take direction and follow through on assignments’ and responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, all staff members and patients
• Knowledge of different insurance plans, their requirements, and their characteristics
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure
High School diploma or equivalent is required AND Diploma from an accredited radiology school and/or equivalent experience or comparable armed forces training.
Radiology License for the current State where required or National Radiology license
Current healthcare professional level CPR certification.