Posted on Jul. 21, 2017
Urgent and Family Care at Avery Ranch is a first-class Urgent Care Facility in Austin Texas. Our clinic is open 8am to 8pm Mon-Sat, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday, 363 days a year. We are committed to providing exemplary patient care utilizing our on-site X-ray and lab, extended hours and highly qualified staff.
We are looking for an experienced high energy full time Limited Medical Radiological Technician (LMRT) that will cross function as a Medical Assistant and Front Office Coordinator for a fast-paced, busy clinic.
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Position requires cross function front and back office duties.
Education requirements• High School diploma or GED, required
• Radiology License or National Radiology license Diploma from an accredited radiology school.
• At least 1 year of medical office experience (above and beyond schooling and externship).
Experience requirements• Candidates MUST possess LMRT certification, excellent work reference, and solid work history.
Qualifications• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must possess LMRT certification, excellent work reference, and solid work history
Responsibilities• Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
• Informs patients of any applicable co-pay and forms of acceptable payment
• Performs eligibility checks by using on-line or telephonic methods as needed
• Answer and triage phone calls
• Obtain accurate vital signs on all patients ranging in age from 6 months to elderly
• Ensure that required patient forms have been filled out by patient prior to seeing Physician
• Enter/update patient information in electronic medical record in accordance with established protocols and procedures
• Prepare rooms for minor surgical procedures and assist physicians as needed
• Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
• Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Administrator or Supervisor
Skills• Ability to take direction and follow through on assignments’ and responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with physicians, management, staff and patients
• The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.