Posted on Aug. 23, 2016
Provide support to Internal Legal Counsel by performing certain clerical, administrative, and legal assistant duties.
Under the supervision of ISGN's Licensing Manager:
* *Tracks deadlines for license expirations and regulatory filing requirements.
* *Locates appropriate forms for license applications, renewals, and regulatory reporting.
* *Reviews forms to determine necessary supporting documents and information and works with internal and external contacts to assemble materials for Licensing Manager's approval.
* *Prepares routine applications, forms, reports, and business correspondence, escalating advanced issues to the Licensing Manager as appropriate.
* *Handles mailing and shipping for ISGN's licensing team.
* *Completes and submits necessary documentation to ISGN's finance team to arrange necessary funds for licensing matters.
* *Maintains accurate records of all work performed and provides regular status updates at the request of the Licensing Manager and legal counsel. Provide concise status reports for Internal Business Partners using excel and word
* *Represents ISGN in a professional manner when communicating with state regulators.
* Consistently update internal agenda to keep the team unified and effective
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: Associate's Degree Preferred. Relevant work experience will substitute.
Job Related Experience: Experience as a legal assistant, paralegal or equivalent preferred, but not required. Relevant education will substitute.
Management Experience: N/A
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time. Ability to use computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods of time.
Position Requirements: Must be able to follow general guidelines or precedent to accomplish tasks and solve routine problems, referring more complex matters to supervisor.
Travel Requirements: N/A
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Good technical and business vocabulary. Proficiency with computers and related office equipment. Strong Organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking skills required. Ability to balance time, prioritize projects, meet deadlines and fulfill client expectations. Ability to think "outside the box" and use independent judgment to come up with solutions to potential issues. Excellent written and verbal communication