Posted on Jul. 13, 2017
San Antonio State Hospital is currently hiring
Licensed Vocational Nurses
********** Please note that you MUST complete an online application to be considered for this position. Click Apply Now to be directed to the online app! *****************
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
• Experience in nursing work.
• Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques and the principles and process used in providing patient care.
• Ability to provide patient care and to prepare and maintain records, to communicate effectively and to train others.
• Ability to apply principles and practices to assess, prevent and control diseases.
• Skills in using reasoning to identify problems, in considering appropriate resolution of situations, and in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
• Must maintain current CPR certification.
• Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
This position is located at the San Antonio State Hospital and is a Tobacco Free Facility. All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, Department of Public Safety criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), and Employee Misconduct Registry. “All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must successfully complete required background checks to include pre-employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting, and applicable government background databases, based on the position they are hired for. All new employees are required to attend paid orientation/training for the first month of their employment from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 68C, 66N/P/W, 290X, 46FX, 46NX, 46SX.