Posted on Jul. 13, 2017
$2,453.25– $3,865.66 Hourly
San Antonio State Hospital is currently hiring
Licensed Vocational Nurses
********** Please note that you MUST complete an online application to be considered for this position. Click Apply Now to be directed to the online app! *****************
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
• Experience in nursing work.
• Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques and the principles and process used in providing patient care.
• Ability to provide patient care and to prepare and maintain records, to communicate effectively and to train others.
• Ability to apply principles and practices to assess, prevent and control diseases.
• Skills in using reasoning to identify problems, in considering appropriate resolution of situations, and in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
• Must maintain current CPR certification.
• Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment.
This position is located at the San Antonio State Hospital and is a Tobacco Free Facility. All applicants must pass: pre-employment drug screen, Department of Public Safety criminal background check, and Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), and Employee Misconduct Registry. “All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must successfully complete required background checks to include pre-employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting, and applicable government background databases, based on the position they are hired for. All new employees are required to attend paid orientation/training for the first month of their employment from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 68C, 66N/P/W, 290X, 46FX, 46NX, 46SX.
Education requirements Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Licensed to practice as a licensed vocation nurse in the state of Texas (or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Nurse Licensure Compact).
Experience requirementsKnowledge of nursing procedures and practices and applicable regulatory and accreditation standards and criteria. •Focused nursing assessment •Principles of biological, physical and social science as acquired in vocational nursing school. •Nursing techniques and procedures •Continuous quality improvement •Infection Control Procedures •Mental Health and Mental Illness •Team processes •Medication transcription, administration •Therapeutic Communication •Use of Medical Equipment to include: glucometer, AED, Oxygen •Observe, identify and describe verbally and in writing patient behaviors •Patient and family education •Psychopharmacology •Automated computerized programs •CPR, use AED, Heimlich Maneuver, First Aid and PMAB (Sections 1-3 required) •Successful working relationships with others •National Patient Safety goals in relation to patient care and medication administration
QualificationsGraduation from an accredited LVN program with a valid permit to practice in the State of Texas while awaiting licensure. Licensed as a LVN or a new graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse Program.